Injectables can be a great way to achieve a more rested or youthful look without surgery. Toxins like Botox smooth out facial lines and filler (like Juvederm or Restylane) fill in shadowy areas and restore volume. Both types of injectables are administered during an office in a gentle manner that is well tolerated.
Neurotoxins (the most popular being Botox) are injected into areas of the face in minute doses that temporarily relax the muscles responsible for facial wrinkles. Very common areas are the frown lines, the forehead, smile lines around the eyes, and around the lips. Generally Botox takes about 2 days to start working and lasts about 3-4 months.
The common products I like to use are…
- Juverderm Ultra and Ultra+
- Restylane and Perlane
What Can I Expect from an injectable Treatment with Dr. Nahai?
- a thorough evaluation of you appearance and an accurate administration of the products
- a natural result that is not ‘over done’ or ‘un natural’ looking
- a gentle procedure with the use of topical numbing cream
- an effort to inimize bruising based on a gentle technique, ice, and special anti-bruising cream afterwards
- Minimal bruising and swelling may last for a few days after the procedure, but make up can be worn and routine skin regimen followed.
- Duration of results is variable depending on the product used, but can range from 6 months to 5 years.
Why Use an Injectable Dermal Filler?
Aging causes collagen to break down and decrease facial volume. Several injectable dermal fillers are now available to restore this volume and reverse the signs of aging. These fillers correct mild to moderate facial wrinkles and stimulate your body to deposit new collagen.
New and varied fillers have been introduced recently and allow correction in an expanding number of areas. While fillers have been used for quite some time along the nasolabial lines (from nostril to lip corner) and lips, they are now also used in a number of different areas for volumizing.
Fillers are now being used for cheek augmentation, to correct under eye hollowness, camouflage lower face jowls, and reverse aging of the hands.
Dr. Nahai has been on the forefront of advances in the use of dermal fillers for more than a decade and is ready to discuss your needs with you, to see if dermal fillers are your best option for achieving optimal results.